New York is well-positioned to become a major producer of hemp. An interdisciplinary team of Cornell University researchers is studying possible barriers to the development of this industry, including seed issues and disease and insect pests. Our goal is to determine the best commercially-available varieties for diverse New York conditions. Click the thumbnail to watch a video about our purpose-driven hemp research below:
- From grey area to gold rush: Establishing a long-term breeding program for hemp (video)
- Growing the Hemp Industry in New York (video)
- More on the SIPS Hemp YouTube playlist
- Farm Bill Legalizing Hemp Passes Senate: WHEC News
- So You Want To Grow Hemp? Cornell Hemp on Science Friday
Summer 2019 Events:
- Eastern NY Hemp Conf & Expo – Albany- June 2-4
- Willsboro Farm Field Day – July 10
- Aurora Farm Field Crops Field Day – July 11
- Freeville Organic Farm Field Day – July 31
- Long Island Hort Res Ext Center Plant Science Day – July 31
- Hemp Workshop – Empire Farm Days – Aug 6-8
- Cornell Hemp Field Day – Geneva – Aug. 13
- Cornell CBD Hemp Field Day – Bluegrass Lane, Ithaca – Sept. 10?
More information will be posted as soon as details become available.